Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, Oct. 11.
1. Sun: The sun is expected to reemerge on Thursday, with temperatures around 60.
2. $4: There’s been a lot of talk in recent days about the high prices of gas in California, but has anyone noticed that regular gas is selling for more than $4 per gallon at one Danvers gas station – the Mobil on Endicott Street.
3. HAWC: HAWC, or Healing Abuse Working for Change, serves Danvers and is hosting a “Working to Heal Breakfast” on Thursday morning at the Marriott in Peabody at 7:30 a.m. The breakfast will “highlight the work” that HAWC is doing to strengthen children's healing.
4. Open House: The annual townwide open house will be Thursday evening, where the town government will open the doors for tours and fun family-friendly activities at town facilities all across town. Free rides will be offered from each location, including Town Hall, in a Salem Trolley during the event, which runs 4-7 p.m.
5. Movies: If you are looking at a glimpse into the good old days of the North Shore, locally made movies from the past are shown every Tuesday and Thursday at Hollywood Hits. Tickets are $4 and are show from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.