Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Oct. 2.
1. Warm: Tuesday is shaping up to be a decent day weatherwise with partly sunny skies and temperatures well into the 70s. There's a chance of a shower in the afternoon.
2. Fair: Maybe you planned to go to the Topsfield Fair last weekend but held off because of the rain. Well, keep an eye on our daily morning feature “Today at the Fair” which gives you a quick wrap of some of the special events and performances each day through the final day on Monday. And remember, admission is less through Thursday before weekend rates start on Friday.
3. Transportation: The state Department of Transportation is holding a series of meeting across the state this fall to encourage a “conversation” about the future of transportation in the state. On Tuesday night, the meeting is in Worcester and there’s no meeting specifically scheduled for our area. But there is a meeting on Oct. 23 from 6:45-8:45 p.m. in the Haverhill Public Library Auditorium and Nov. 27 from 6-8 p.m. at the McGlynn Middle School Auditorium in Medford. In all cases, the meeting are designed to have “the users of our system to share their ideas, thoughts and proposals for improving and paying for our transportation network,” according to Transportation Secretary Richard Davey.
4. Films: Heritage Film are being shown at Hollywood Hits on Tuesday, which happens almost every Tuesday and Thursday at 11:30 a.m., noon and 12:30 p.m. For $5, see short old movies of our region on the big screen.
5. Selectmen: The Danvers Board of Selectmen meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at Town Hall, where it is scheduled to get an update from DPW Director David Lane about both the Smart Grid electric program and weekly recycling.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.