Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Monday, Oct. 22.
1. Lobster Roll: The Amity-Mosaic Lodge – the local chapter of the Freemasons - is having a lobster roll fundraiser on Friday for its Rainbow Assembly for Young Ladies ages 11-20. Orders are due on Monday. The rolls are $10 each and include a bag of chips and a cookie. Call 978-774-7995 or 781-526-8276 before 8 p.m. on Monday to order, and delivery is included for orders of six rolls or more.
2. Farmers Market: A sure sign of fall – farmers market season is coming to an end. And on Monday, it is the last Beverly Farmers Market of the year. The market takes place along Railroad Avenue, near Beverly Depot and Veterans Park from 3-7 p.m.
3. Garden Club: The Danvers Garden Club meets on Monday night to hear from blue ribbon winners who will share their secrets of award-winning floral designs. The club meets at Danversport Yacht Club at 7 p.m.
4. Debate: Monday marks the third and final debate of the Presidential campaign. This time it takes place in Boca Raton, Fla. and will focus specifically on foreign affairs.
5. Elder Abuse: Are you planning to see the performance of “Breaking the Silence: Voices of Hope” on Wednesday? The Senior Center is looking for RSVPs by Monday since space is limited. The play uses real life stories to examine the issue of elder abuse and neglect. It will be put on at 10 a.m. on Wednesday.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.