Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Oct. 23.
1. Boys Basketball: Danvers Recreation’s preseason basketball clinic gets started on Tuesday night in the gym at Holten-Richmond School. It runs for four straight Tuesday nights for grades 3-9. The camp’s director is Danvers High School head boys’ basketball coach John Walsh.
2. Free Pizza: Dominos Pizza is giving away free pizza slices at lunchtime on Tuesday at every one of its restaurants in the county, including the one on Maple Street in Danvers Square. The giveaway runs from noon to 2 p.m. and is limited to 100 slices per location.
3. Night at the Museum: The Wenham Museum will be celebrating Halloween on Friday night with a popular event – A Night at the (Wenham) Museum. It runs from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and includes the museum’s collection coming to life and a moonlit tour of the 17th century Claflin-Richards House. The price is $8 for member or $26 for a family of four; $12 for non-members and $40 for a family of four.
4. Unemployment Rate: We’ll hear on Tuesday the latest unemployment data for Danvers, and every community in the state for September. Danvers rate in August was 5.9 percent.
5. Planning Board: The Danvers Planning Board meets on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at Town Hall, where it will continue to hear plans to add a sidewalk on the property at the McDonalds on High Street and plans for a two-story addition to a home on Winthrop Street.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.