Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, Oct. 4.
1. Yucky: Thursday’s weather forecast isn’t sounding like it will be much of an improvement over what we have seen most of the week. Fog and showers are expected to hang around for most of the day with temperatures in the 60s.
2. Committee for Diversity: The Danvers Committee for Diversity has a film series planned for October and it gets started on Thursday. “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” will be shown in the Gordon Room (downstairs) of the Peabody Institute Library at 7 p.m.
3. Mrs. Essex County: If you are a married woman living in Essex County, Thursday is the deadline to enter this weekend’s Mrs. Essex County pageant at the Topsfield Fair. The exact deadline is 10 p.m. The pageant starts with judging based on a food entry and a preliminary interview on Saturday. From there, contestants are selected to move on to the finals on Sunday. The entry form is attached to this story as a PDF.
4. Breast Cancer: October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It is a disease that affects so many people. Look for content related to it this month on Danvers Patch.
5. Board of Health: The Danvers Board of Health meets on Thursday at 7 p.m. at Town Hall, where it will, among other items, get an update on public health violations and nuisance investigations.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.