Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Aug. 14.
1. Sum-sum-summertime: Mother Nature is going to dish out another classic summertime day on Tuesday, with a sunny start and temperatures getting into the high 80s.
2. Kiwanis: The Danvers Kiwanis Club meets at noontime every Tuesday. The group meets at for “camaraderie, conversation, and a delicious meal” and hears from a speaker about an item of interest.
3. Enrollment: There are 3,594 students in the Danvers public school system as of June 20, director of students services Mary Tatem told the School Committee on Monday night.
4. AAU Baseball: Tuesday is one of the final tryouts for 13C, 14U, 15U and 18U baseball teams. While the teams will operate from the Danvers SportsPlex, the tryouts are at Bishop Fenwick in Peabody. For more info, call 978-777-2888
5. Planning Board: The meets at Town Hall on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. where, among other items, it will hear a plan to add a sidewalk at the McDonalds on High Street that will connect the restaurant to the sidewalk on the street.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.