Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Wednesday, Aug. 15.
1. Cooler and Cloudy: After two nearly picture-perfect summer days to start the workweek, the forecast shifts slightly on Wednesday. The skies are expected to be overcast and temperatures won’t get much above 80 degrees. There’s also a chance of a shower and a thunderstorm.
2. Powerball: Wow, the Powerball jackpot has really grown – now over $300 million. While it still falls short of the r, there sure is a lot you can do with the estimated $320 million jackpot up for grabs in Wednesday night’s drawing. There are 36 different businesses in Danvers where you can buy a ticket, according to the State Lottery Commission. It ranges from and in Danvers Square to businesses along Route 1 such as and .
3. Town Manager: Assistant Town Manager Dianne Norris is the acting town manager this week at Town Hall while Town Manager Wayne Marquis is out of the office.
4. Fantasy Football: It’s that time of the year – time for those fantasy football “drafts.” In fact, the first Monday Night Football game of the season (a preseason game) was this week. Quite frankly, we're not into fantasy football, but we were reminded by an e-mail from this week that seeking to have us hold our draft there with the promise of winning New England Patriots tickets.
5. Sports Authority: As we told you previously on Danvers Patch, of the into space where . And as part of the move they’re hiring, according to a job posting on Craig’s List.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.