Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Monday, Aug. 20.
1. Clouds: Monday will be a cloudy day and not so warm – temperatures will be in the 70s. No rain is expected.
2. Farmers Markets: This week has been declared Farmers Market Week in Massachusetts. While there is not a regular farmers market here in Danvers, there are several in nearby communities each week. On Monday night, the Beverly Farmers Market runs 3-7 p.m. through Oct. 22 next to Beverly Depot. The Peabody Farmers Market is on Tuesday evenings at Leather City Common from 2-7 p.m. and on Wednesday Middleton’s has its Farmers Market at Angelica's Restaurant parking lot from 3-7 p.m. On Thursday, the Salem Farmers Market is at Derby Square, on Front Street in the downtown from 3-7 p.m.
3. Readers’ Choice: The Best of Patch Readers’ Choice voting ended last Friday and we fielded a few questions about when the winners will be announced. If you look at any of the categories now, you can see who topped the poll. But all the winners will be announced in a story this Friday.
4. Topsfield Fair: There’s still more than a month to go until the Topsfield Fair, but discount tickets are now on sale that can save you quite of a bit of money at the entrance gate. Individual tickets are selling for $9, less than the regular price of $11 on weekdays and $15 on weekends and Columbus Day. The tickets are on sale at the fair office Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
5. Zoning Board: The Zoning Board of Appeals meets on Monday night at 7 p.m. at , with seven new applications going before the board. A plan for an outdoor sales display at Rose Leather Fashions at 76 Newbury St. (Route 1) will continue to be heard.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.