Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, Aug. 23.
1. Streak: The streak of truly wonderful weather is forecasted to continue on Thursday. In fact, one Boston television meteorologist said in recent days that this pattern is expected to run through Tuesday, which would be a great way to wrap up summer.
2. Quarterback: The Salem News is counting down the best high school quarters back in the region over the past 40 years. At number 12 was Brendan Oliver, a at , where he lead his team to – one of two Prep School Championships as part of an 18-1 record in his junior and senior seasons.
3. Beverly: Our neighbors to the east are getting their very own Patch website starting on Thursday. Patch arrived on the North Shore about two years ago and since then Beverly has been the largest community without a Patch site – but no more. Find it at Beverly.patch.com after 3:30 p.m.
4. Photography: at 44 Maple St. (in Danvers Square) is hosting a ribbon-cutting on Thursday evening. It runs from 4:30-6 p.m. and complimentary beer, wine and appetizers will be served and free headshots will be offered. The event is free for Beverly Chamber of Commerce members and $10 for others.
5. ConsComm: The at 7 p.m. at , where it will hear applications for a new sewer line on Southside Road and a new gas line at an Elliott Street address among other business. It will also hear about plans for a new sidewalk at the on High Street.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.