Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, Aug. 9.
1. Hot: On Wednesday, we saw the muggies and some heat return. The heat will stay in place on Thursday with the possibility of the temperatures getting to 90 degrees. There’s also a slight chance of an afternoon thunderstorm.
2. Lacrosse: It was a year ago that at and . Well, the film is now in theaters. It opened back in May and is still in a handful of theaters. Right now, none of the theaters its in are east of the Mississippi River.
3. Affordable Housing: One unit in the that is going up at 10 Mill St. will be available to a Danvers resident through a lottery. The deadline to apply is Sept. 15. Application forms are now available and a PDF copy is attached to this story.
4. Events: Whenever you want to know what is going on in Danvers, or you want to let everyone know about an event you are planning, please remember the Danvers Patch events calendar. Anyone can add an event to it quickly and for free.
5. Conservation Commission: The originally scheduled for Thursday night at has been cancelled. The board next meets on Aug. 23.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.