Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Monday, Sept. 10.
1. Sun: Monday is forecasted to be a sunny day, albeit a cool day. Temperatures are not expected to get much above 70 degrees. There will also be a strong northwest wind.
2. Preschool: Most Danvers public school students got back into the classroom last week, but preschool students actually start on Monday. The preschool is located at the .
3. Low Number License Plates: If you were one of the 7,500 people that applied to get a low number license plate, Monday is the day you’ll find out if you get one. The 124 low numbers plates, including 73, 295, 449, 493, 7755 and 1Z, will be awarded in a drawing from 8-10 p.m. on the Nightside with Dan Rea show on WBZ-AM radio 1030.
4. Senior Center: The fall session of classes at gets started on Monday. There are six sessions of classes that run through late October in a variety of classes that run each day, ranging from Beginners Tai Chi to Shakespeare’s Drama. The classes are not limited to seniors or Danvers residents and if there is any spots left you can register online at the Council of Aging website.
5. School Committee: The Danvers School Committee meets at 7 p.m. on Monday night for the first time since school started last week. The committee meets at and will include an update on the opening of schools last week and the at .
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.