Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Sept. 25.
1. 70s: Temperatures return to the 70s again on Tuesday, with the forecast calling for sunny skies and increasing winds.
2. Coffee: McDonalds is giving out free small coffee all week long. The promotion, which applies only to hot Newman’s Own Organic coffee, started on Sunday and runs through Saturday. There are three McDonalds locations in Danvers – on Andover Street, High Street and in Liberty Tree Mall.
3. Unemployment: Local unemployment rates for August, town-by-town, will be released Tuesday by the state. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The existing unemployment rate in Danvers is 5.9 percent.
4. Emmys: After Sunday night’s Emmy awards, the owner of Lorraine Roy Designer Collections in Danvers Square, Jeanne Hennessey, weighed in on this year's Emmy fashions. "The best-dressed women on the red carpet this year paid close attention to fit. We saw a strong representation of the fitted mermaid gown from Shannon Woodward, Christina Hendricks, and Julianne Hough. My top pick would be Julie Bowen's Monique Lhuillier,” she said in a statement sent to Danvers Patch.
5. Planning Board: The Planning Board meets on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at Town Hall, with a light agenda. The board will look at a plan to combined two lots at 356 and 360 Andover St.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.