Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Sept. 4.
1. Rain: A rain storm – the remnants of Hurricane Isaac – will move into the area on Tuesday night and last into Wednesday. It will be the first rainstorm in quite a while and is expected to drop more than an inch of rain.
2. Teachers: Tuesday is the first day for teachers, in advance of the first day for students on Wednesday.
3. Gas: We’ve just come off a Labor Day weekend with the highest average gas prices in history for the end of summer weekend. So where is the least expensive gas around? , , and Stop and Shop were all selling a gallon of regular for $3.69 per gallon on Monday, according to GasBuddy.com.
4. Trash: With Monday’s holiday, trash pickup is delayed by a day this week. If you typically get Monday pickup, make sure your trash is out on Tuesday morning. Pickup will continue to be delayed for the rest of the week.
5. Selectmen: The Danvers Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at , with the board taking up several licensing items plus discussion of the town manager’s evaluation for fiscal year 2012.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to email@example.com.