Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Friday, Sept. 7.
1. 80s: Temperatures should get into the 80s and the sun will be out for most of the day on Friday. It will also be muggy and there will be a chance of a passing shower too.
2. Trash: Our final reminder of the week that trash pickups is delayed by a day all week after the Labor Day holiday last Monday. Residents in Hamilton that typically have pickup on Thursday morning should have their trash out this morning and those with typical Friday pickup should have trash out on Saturday morning.
3. Topsfield Fair: If you plan to , now is a pretty good time to make a quick trip up Route 1 to grab some tickets now. You will save some money. Advance tickets are on sale now at the front gate on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Those advance tickets are $9 each, saving $2 on weekdays and $6 on weekends and holidays.
4. Protecting Business: The North Shore Business Forum will host a program at on Friday morning at 7:30 a.m. . The program includes continental breakfast, costs $10 and does not require advance registration.
5. Green Elephant: A is celebrating its one-year anniversary this weekend. The celebration at will include cupcakes from Cakes for Occasions and popcorn plus raffles and giveaways all weekend long. Plus, everything is the store will be 25 percent off from Friday through Sunday.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.