Welcome to 5 Things, your daily resource for community events, happenings in town, and little tidbits of information. Here are five things to start the day, April 28, in Danvers:
1. Are you a Danvers history buff? Tonight the is inviting residents to witness the transfer of seven colonial documents currently on permanent deposit in the Danvers Archival Center, from the collections of the , and formerly in the possession of the Putnam/Emerson Family. The documents were taken as war trophies in April 1862 from Warwick County Courthouse, Virginia and are now, on the 150th anniversary of their loss, to be returned to The People of the Commonwealth of Virginia. The event starts at 7 p.m. in the Gordon Room.
2. Today's 5 Things Photo was taken by contributor Michelle Gilliss at Opening Day for Danvers Little League on Saturday. Now that the season is in swing, we want to feature the kids at play: add your photos (to our Pics and Clips gallery, or ), team rosters, and upload the game schedule to our events calendar. Email email@example.com if you need help getting started.
3. If you missed it over the weekend, be sure to check out the great shots from , taken by photographer Bob Roche. Check out the gallery .
4. Congressman John Tierney has been generating lots of comments on . If you're interested in blogging, learn more about joining .
5. Today's Weather: Sunny, with a high near 58.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a 5 Things photo, email firstname.lastname@example.org.