Welcome to 5 Things, your daily resource for community events and happenings in Danvers. Here are five things to start the day, May 18:
1. We learned Danvers is included in the Metropolitan Area Planning Council's new Trail Implementation Toolkit. This online resource, created in celebration of Bike Week, available here, aims to help local planners and trail advocates develop trails more quickly and more cheaply. Danvers was included, alongside Acton, Concord, Framingham, Haverhill, Holliston, Methuen, Milford, Rockland, Saugus and Somerville.
2. Join the library tonight for an illustrated talk "The Amazing Art of Altered Books" by Visual Artist Sherrill Hunnibell. Hunnibell will discuss her own studio work and the creative process in general, as well as the work and techniques of altered book artists throughout the country. This program is .
3. Today is the last day to vote in , and the Truezoos (the band representing Danvers) needs your help to win. .
4. Congratulations to Brittany L. Splaine of Danvers, who we learned earned a graduate degree from Quinnipiac University this past weekend. Be sure to let us know about your Danvers graduate.
5. On Wednesday, the participated in a workshop, alongside Beverly and Salem departments, to find out how the town would response in an emergency oil spill. .
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a 5 Things photo, email email@example.com.