Welcome to 5 Things, your daily resource for community events, happenings in town, and little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know today, April 3, in Danvers:
1. Tonight tune in to see the coach and members of the on a special edition of Oniontown Sports, live tonight on Channel C-99/V-36 at 7pm. Sean Doyle will host this one hour program and will be taking viewer calls.
2. Tonight the Board of Selectmen meet at 7 p.m. .
3. Today's 5 Things Photo: On Friday, March 2, the children at the and Pre-K/Kindergarten programs began a 10 day Read-a-Thon, where the challenge was to read or being read to for 15 minutes per day for each of the 10 days of the Read-a-Thon. The children collected pledges once they reached their goal. The $2,032 raised was then donated it to the for the Children's Room Renovation Fund. Haley Bridge, and her brother, Kyle, a student at the Fox Hill School were the top fundraisers and presented Joanne Powell, Head of Children's Services, with a check for the money raised from the Read-a-Thon.
4. Did you know the new Massage Envy, located in the same plaza as and , opened its doors to customers on March 29? According to their site, they offer professional and affordable massage and spa services to fit the needs of any customer. Stop in for your first massage and it's only $39.
5. Today's Weather: Sunny, with a high near 53 degrees.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a 5 Things photo, email firstname.lastname@example.org.