Welcome to 5 Things, your daily resource for the events and happenings in town. Here are five things you need to know today, December 21, in Danvers:
1. It's officially winter. Celebrate the day at the , held this evening at at 4 p.m.
2. Happy Hanukkah! The holiday began last night at sunset, and will last through sunset on December 28. We wish everyone celebrating a wonderful holiday!
3. Weather: it might be the first day of winter, but don't expect today to bring a white Christmas. Instead, we can expect rain, with a high near 49 degrees.
4. : There are still ornaments on the Hope On Wheels Tree at the 's . Check it out and make someone smile this holiday season.
5. Christmas Desserts: Are you in charge of dessert for the family this year and don't know what to make? Check out our picks for local desserts to pick up before the weekend, coming this afternoon.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.