Welcome to 5 Things, your daily resource for the events and happenings in town. Here are five things you need to know today, Dec. 28, in Danvers:
1. Congrats Northeast Arc: Wondering why we're saying congratulations? Northeast Arc was chosen as the most recent winner of the “Cranney Cares for the Community” campaign. .
2. Celebrate New Year's Eve in style: is raffling a Champagne Bottle Cake, made with its signature Strawberry Grand Marnier flavor, serving 30-40 people. One raffle ticket will be given for every $10 spent this week, ending on Friday, Dec. 30. The winner will be contacted that evening to schedule Saturday pick up.
3. Bye, Christmas Tree: Have you already taken the Christmas tree down? If so, you'll want to know when the town will be collecting them. Find out in this week's .
4. Winter Parking Ban: If you are having trouble with the , can help, as they rent out parking spaces. To learn more, contact .
5. Today's Weather: Mostly sunny, with the temperature falling as the day goes by. Expect tonight's lows around 18 degrees.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.