Welcome to 5 Things, your daily resource for community events, happenings in town, and little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know today, March 19, in Danvers:
1. Another big congratulations to the new Division III Champions, the Danvers High Falcons. For all coverage from this weekend's victory, click here.
2. Today's 5 Things Photo: Jan Pecak of Danvers preparing one of many pieces to be used for yarn bombing at the Northeast Arc’s ArcWorks center. Yarn bombing is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colorful displays of knitted or crocheted cloth, rather than paint or chalk. While yarn installations--called yarn bombs or knit bombs--may last for years, they are considered non-permanent, and, unlike graffiti, can be easily removed if necessary. The installation can be seen at the Northeast Arc’s ArcWorks Community Art Center located at 22 Foster Street in Peabody.
3. , , , , and have all this month. Have you claimed your business' free listing yet? .
4. Did you know the opened a brand new store, the Treasures Gift Shop? Find out more about the products and items they have on their Facebook page. Gift shop hours are from 8:30am—2:30pm Monday through Friday.
5. Have a favorite mechanic in town? Be sure to vote for them in this week's Best Of Readers' Choice Poll and write a review on our Patch Places directory. The poll closes at 9 a.m. on Friday morning.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a 5 Things photo, email email@example.com.