Welcome to Five Things, your daily guide to the events and happenings in Danvers. Today is Monday, Jan. 16. Here are five things you need to know today, Martin Luther King Day:
1. Honoring the Dream: Tonight at 6 p.m. the town will be hosting the. The night will include Keynote speaker Georgianna Melendez of Commonwealth Compact, musical selections from the Chambers Singers & Women’s Chorus under the leadership of Matthew Hayne, and the Interfaith Choir Follow Hymn led by Ms. Doreen Murray.
2. The Underground Railroad Film Showing: The Danvers Historical Society and Dan Tremblay of Heritage Films will be presenting the Underground Railroad, a 20 minute film focusing on the Underground Movement in New England today at Tapley Hall. The film will begin at 11 a.m.
3. will be celebrating the life and legacy of Dr. King at the Milano Dining Room. Prep teacher Tess Witwicki will also be honored for her commitment to diversity. The event starts at 6 p.m.
4. Hungry? Head over to the tonight and support Danvers Girl Scouts Troop 63181's fundraiser for the . Don't forget to print out the invitation, .
5. Today's Weather: If you've had enough of this weekend's chilly temperatures, today will be a relief (sort of.) Skies will be sunny, with a high near 32 degrees, but wind chill values could reach as low as -4. Bundle up!
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To see a list of spots closed in town today, click here.