Happy Memorial Day. Here are five things you need to know today, May 30.
1. Be sure to attend the annual . It begins at 9 a.m. at . We'll be there covering the event and snapping pictures of the parade.
2. In honor of Memorial Day, check out some of our featured headlines, such as , , , and more throughout the day.
3. Today's weather calls for high 80 degree temperatures with possible thunderstorms in the area.
4. Here are the top five cheapest spots for gas in Danvers: , 11 Newbury St. 3.65, , 160 Andover St. 3.69, 8 Bridge St. & Elliot St. 3.71, , 60 High St. & Porter St. 3.71, and , 95 High St., 3.71. For a complete listing of Danvers gas prices, check out bostongasprices.com
5. John Castelluccio is going to be taking over as Local Editor at the Peabody Patch starting this week. John has been Local Editor for Danvers since the site launched and will be greatly missed (but we're glad he is only a town away!) Good luck John!