Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily source for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Wednesday, May 15.
- All pink: Bella Sera Bridal of Danvers donated eight designer gowns to the contestants of this year's Miss Pink Pageant in April at the Danversport Yacht Club. The pageant, a charity benefit, celebrates the life of breast cancer survivors and provides support to women and their families fighting the disease.
- Adopt a planter on the rail trail: The Rail Trail Advisory Committee and Boy Scout Troop 155, with support from Cell Signaling, have launched an adopt-a-planter program and there are several spaces still available for anyone who wants their own little spot on the 4.3-mile trail through town. Planters are full of everything from daffodils to crocuses and pansies. You can find more details here.
- Key Off: Volvo Village will be giving away one certified pre-owned car or a $5,000 college scholarship to one lucky Danvers High student on Thursday in the annual Key Off as part of the Keys to Success program.
- Town Meeting: Don't forget Town Meeting is next Monday, May 20 at Holten-Richmond Middle School (7 p.m.).
- Packing for college: Temple Ner Tamid in Peabody is hosting a free interactive workshop May 23 (7 p.m.) for Jewish high school juniors and seniors, college students and parents to prepare them to effectively respond to campus opinions on Israel. The session, which is part of the David Project, will explore personal narratives and an approach to Israel advocacy on campus that seeks to build relationships with various segments of the community to enhance students’ understanding of and appreciation for Israel. The program is free and sponsored by the Lappin Foundation. RSVP by May 20 to Phyllis Osher at email@example.com or 978-740-4404.
Engage with your neighbors on Danvers Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Sign up for our daily newsletter and breaking news alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Share your thoughts on our community in a blog.
- To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, email it over to firstname.lastname@example.org.