Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
1. Warmer: Tuesday will be much warmer than Monday, with temperatures getting well into the 40s. The day will start cloudy and rain is forecasted to move in later.
2. Hot Chocolate: Want some free hot chocolate during vacation week? Show up at Daily Harvest Café with a ski or snowboard ticket and get a complimentary hot chocolate.
3. Celtics: The Great Oak Elementary School PAC rescheduled its Comedy Night from Feb. 8, when the blizzard was moving in, to April 6. But one of the auction items will have to be given away before then. Available are two tickets to the Boston Celtics game on March 1 versus the Golden State Warriors at 7:30 p.m. The seats are in Section 18 with a face value of $130. The current high bid is $100 and bids are being accepted through Feb. 24 via e-mail at email@example.com.
4. Big Brothers and Sister: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Massachusetts Bay is looking for volunteer mentors and also accepts donations to support their programs. As a Big Brother or Big Sister, you spend time with a young person from the area for a few hours, a couple times each month. Here’s more on how to volunteer or donate.
5. Selectmen: The Danvers Board of Selectmen had originally planned to meet on Tuesday night at Town Hall, but the board’s next meeting actually comes up next Tuesday at 7 p.m.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.