Today is Tuesday, Feb. 22. Here are five things you need to know today:
1. Sunny and cold. Today should bring plenty of sunshine and almost no chance of precipitation. Highs will only make it to about 30 degrees. Tonight, temperatures will drop to the single digits.
2. Route 128 project moves along. . In other words, continue to find other ways to get to Route 128 from High Street. The state Department Transportation announced over the weekend that the project has been slowed because of the snowy winter.
3. Planning Board meets tonight. The Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. tonight in the Daniel J. Toomey Room, Town Hall. Topping the agenda is a public hearing on a site plan approval for 174 Maple St. The plan calls for a pre-K for up to 15 children on the first floor of the residence. Also on the agenda are proposed zoning amendments.
4. Did you meet this week’s Wiz Kid? We profiled . The gymnast has picked up countless titles and is headed to the State Competition in March. Find out more about this achiever.
5. This Date in History. A whole generation of hockey fans (and even those who don’t know the difference between a slapshot and a wristshot) vividly remember what happened on this day 31 years ago. The U.S. hockey team pulled off its Miracle on Ice upset of the Soviet Union back in 1980. What many don’t remember is that the U.S. team still had one more game to win the goal medal. After beating the U.S.S.R. 4-3, the Americans beat Finland 4-2 to win the gold two days later.