Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Thursday, Feb. 7.
1. Sun: Thursday will be the calm before the storm, with partly sunny skies and temperatures in the 20s.
2. Loan: The affordable housing project now under construction on Conifer Hill Drive will be awarded a loan on Thursday during a ceremony in Revere. Phase 2 of Conifer Hill Commons - a 42-unit affordable development next to the 48 affordable units of phase 1 - has been granted a $1 million loan from the Affordable Housing Trust Fund administered by MassHousing and the Department of Housing and Community Development
3. 4-H: Project winners from the local 4-H programs will be honored during a dinner at Topsfield Fairgrounds on Thursday evening. The 4-H Recognition Dinner at Coolidge Hall will recognize project winners plus the leaders and parents.
4. Maritime economy: Several groups will gather on Thursday in Gloucester to discuss the role of the “new maritime economy” on Cape Ann and the North Shore. The event runs all day, from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., at Cruiseport Gloucester.
5. Health: The Board of Health meets on Thursday evening at 7 p.m. in the Town Manager’s conference room at Town Hall. The board will get an update on activities at the Days Inn and follow-up info on Twin Oaks Nursing home, which was evacuated last month after it was evacuated due to a sewer backup.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our events calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.