It's not too late to get your tickets to the benefit night, on Thursday May 31 at the .
"The funds we raise will enable the Recreation Department to make it possible for homeless children living in Danvers motels to take part in summer recreation programs," event organizer Sally Kearns said.
Alongside Kearns, the night was organized with, who she described as "the amazing," Andrea Enos, Brittany Reisly at Daily Harvest, Sue DeBenedictis, and Friends of Danvers Recreation Inc.
The evening will feature live rock and roll performed by the Satch Kerans band, cash bar, and raffles.
Raffle donations include:
- A week of Falcon Summer Camp
- Fashion treasure
- Red Sox tickets: Six chances to take in a game at Fenway, including:
- 2 EMC club seats to game to be determined; Four seats to a Texas Rangers game donated by The Lucy Family; 3 sets of tickets donated by Sen. Fred Berry; A trip to the Orioles game with transportation!, and four State Street Pavilion Seats (separate raffle and tickets are available ahead of time for these seats; all others will be auctioned or raffled tomorrow night)
- Essex River Boat Cruise
- Golf for Four at Far Corners (K Hyland)
- 8 VIP Bracelets to the Danvers Fireworks courtesy of Danvers Family Festival
Last year, the Project Sunshine program was spearheaded by Danvers Recreation and town administration . When the number of homeless families living in hotels peaked at about 127 families in June 2011, Marquis said the program was critical.
Without a program like this, he said, many of the children wouldn't have a place to play during the summer other than the motel parking lots.
In January 2012, the town of Danvers was an at the 33rd annual Massachusetts Municipal Association Awards, on behalf of their innovation and creativity with the Project Sunshine Program.
Rays of Hope will be held on Thursday, May 31, from 7:30 - 10:30 p.m. at . Tickets, $20, can be bought at the , of by emailing email@example.com.