Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Tuesday, Aug. 7.
1. Gem: One Boston meteorologist said Tuesday would be “a gem,” based on the weather forecast. And we agree. Skies will be sunny and the temperature will get to about 80 degrees.
2. Films: Each Tuesday and Thursday mid-day, several historical films are shown at . There’s always a selection of films of times past here on the North Shore. Show times are 11:30 a.m., noon and 12:30 p.m. Admission is $5.
3. Questions: Do you have a question about something you see or hear around town? Ask us. One of our favorite things to do is answer your questions. We do it in a feature called Send your questions to email@example.com.
4. Ice Cream: The is scheduled for Tuesday night, and one of the participants will be Danvers’ own . On its Facebook page on Monday, Cherry Farm said it plans to unveil “4 new top secret flavors” at the Bowl.
5. Target: Do you want your school to win a $25 Target gift card? Or how about several $25 gift cards? , which has a location, of course, right here in Danvers at , is giving away a $25 gift card to schools each time the school gets 25 votes on the "Give with Target" app on its Facebook page. It is limited to one vote per person, per week so it really takes a broad group of support to rack up a few gift cards for your school. It includes both public and private schools.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.