Welcome to “5 Things,” your daily resource for community events, happenings in town and other little tidbits of information. Here are five things you need to know on Monday, Aug. 6.
1. Muggy: Wow, that was a real muggy weekend. The good news is that forecasters say that the humidity level will drop quite a bit on Monday, with temperatures in the 80s.
2. Bus Registration: Registration opens on Monday for . Registration – which happens at – starts on Monday from 7-11 a.m. It continues on Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Wednesday from 2-6 p.m. The charge is $180 per child or a maximum of $540 per family.
3. Banner: A banner from Branch Church - a new church that meets at - can go up, starting today, over Maple Street to advertise its “Movie in the Park” later this summer. The Board of Selectmen .
4. Cakes: Congratulations to , the Danvers Square business that was recently named one of the small businesses of the year by the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce. It was named one of 10 “small, high-growth businesses” in the region. The award will be handed out on Oct. 11 in Boston.
5. Spoon Man: “The Spoon Man” will be at the on Monday morning at 11:30 a.m. Who is he? Jim Cruise, a.k.a. , is described as an “inspiring musician and comedian” who, of course, plays spoons.
Want to get Danvers Patch in your inbox every morning? Sign up for our morning newsletter.
For more of today's happenings, head over to our Events Calendar.
To send us a photo or suggested item to be featured in the “5 Things” column, send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.