Today is Tuesday, Jan. 18. Here are five things you need to know:
- Today’s weather: Snow expected to arrive before 1 p.m., followed by rain and more snow, possibly freezing rain as well, but a high near 37 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. An east wind between 3-9 mph is also in the forecast with snow accumulating between 2-4 inches. The low for tonight is around 33 degrees.
- MLK Day continues: St. John’s Prep is hosting its annual Martin Luther King Dinner tonight at the school to recognize who exemplifies Dr. King’s legacy and has worked to promote equity and social justice.
- On the agenda for selectmen: The Board of Selectmen meet tonight at Town Hall and among the agenda items, the board will hear status updates from two alcohol license holders: Brutole’s and the upcoming Margarita’s Restaurant. The board will also continue discussing the town manager’s goals for fiscal 2011 and consider a request from the school board to seek retroactive reimbursement from the state on the replacement of the roof at Great Oak Elementary.
- Falcons’ basketball: The Danvers High boys, fresh off two straight wins last week, tonight.
- Connecting moms: A – be they teens or adults – meets regularly on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at the Women’s Health and Medical Arts Building on the Beverly Hospital campus. Babies are also welcome.
To find out what’s going on today in Danvers, check out our events listings.