The 's log sometimes has some pretty strange entries.
Here are our picks for the 10 most bizarre police log entries of 2011, in no particular order:
- : On Oct. 10, police were dispatched to , after a family phoned 911 for help because they were lost within the corn maze. A K9 unit was brought to the scene to find the family, who ended up being only about 25 ft. from the maze's entrance. The family , but asked to be kept anonymous.
- : At 3:56 a.m. on November 19, police were dispatched to on report of a disorderly driver at the pick-up window. The man allegedly threw his food through the drive-thru window back into the restaurant at an employee after receiving it. The 34-year-old was later arrested for driving under the influence of liquor.
- : Fire, police and public health were called to the on Oct. 23 after a report of a suspicious white powder along the shore. The team processed the scene and determined that the suspicious material was not a hazard, but was, in fact, corn meal.
- : On Saturday October 1 police were dispatched to the AMC Theaters at 8:13 a.m. An individual reported an egg had been thrown as a form of assault.
- Police Find 2 Drunk Men Lying on Route 114 On April 28 a 64-year-old Winthrop man and a 41-year-old Framingham man were both placed into protective custody at 7:12 p.m. after police found them lying in the road near Guitar Center on Route 114. Both men were intoxicated. Police had received a call from the store that the men were outside in the road.
- On June 22 a reporting party stated some young kids were knocking on the doors of homes on North Street, giving out cupcakes. Officers found the two young girls and spoke to their parents. According to Captain Ambrose, there was no malicious intent.
- : On January 10, a resident called at 11:24 a.m. to report a man placed a suspicious package – a small box – on the side of the road at the corner of Burley Farm and Mildred roads. Police said an officer responded to the scene and discovered the box contained dog excrement.
- : At 8:57 p.m. on Nov. 7, police arrested a 31-year-old male after he was reported hitchhiking and then allegedly struck a car window when the vehicle was at a stop sign, because the driver would not stop for him. He was charged with malicious damage and placed in protective custody for intoxication.
- Suspicious Moving Trash Bag Reported to Police: On July 26, an individual called police to report something moving inside of a trash bag at 11:55 a.m. on Maple Street. After police investigated, they found that the bag, which was full of dirty kitty litter, was moving due to the breeze.
- : At the start of 2011, police responded to a report of an armed threat outside the near the former Vinny Testa's at 1:24 p.m. The male victim said he had just pulled into a parking spot after spotting an opening. He was about to exit the car when another male got out of his car and confronted him, armed with a three- to four-inch knife. The victim said the man was also looking for a spot and told him to "Get the (expletive) out of my spot." Police searched the area, but couldn't find the suspect. The victim, meanwhile, took off across the street to the parking lot at Ultimate Electronics.
Do you remember another entry you'd like to add? Let us know in the comments.