Friday, Aug. 9
- 8:57 p.m. Report of an animal hit on Maple Street. Police said it was a Canadian goose.
- 10:14 p.m. Officer Robert Santo reported assisting Peabody police with an investigation into a hit-and-run accident in Peabody.
- 11:10 p.m. Police received a report of someone disturbing the peace at the Maple Street Congregational Church. Police said it was a rug cleaner.
Saturday, Aug. 10
- 10:25 a.m. Report of malicious damage to the sidewalk at 311 Newbury St.
- 12:13 p.m. Katie Prince, 29, of Charlestown, and Stephanie Tsimortos, 27, of 142 Federal St., Salem, were both arrested, following a report of a shoplifting. They were both charged with one count each of shoplifting.
- 12:51 p.m. Police responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident on Route 114 at Palmer Avenue. Police said a car traveling west on Route 114 failed to stop for a red light and struck another vehicle making a left hand turn onto the westbound side of Route 114 from Palmer Avenue. The first vehicle rolled over several times, striking a third vehicle that was stopped at the light facing the opposite direction. Police said the car eventually came to rest in an upright position in the middle of the road. The driver of that vehicle -- a 27-year-old Woburn man -- was not hurt in the crash, according to police, and he was cited for failure to stop for a red light. No other injuries were reported either.
- 5:08 p.m. Report of a larceny at Panera Bread. Police said cash was stolen from was a purse.
- 5:36 p.m. Report of malicious damage to a motor vehicle on Page Street.
- 10:23 p.m. Report of a someone disturbing the peace at Maple Street Congregational Church. Police said it was rug cleaners again.
- 10:56 p.m. Report of a theft at a Cherry Street apartment. Police said a flatscreen TV was taken.
- 11:36 p.m. Report of someone disturbing the peace at the Endicott Green complex on Route 1. A caller reported smelling an odor of marijuana.
Sunday, Aug. 11
- 1:03 a.m. Jacques Mathieu, 40, of 12225 Kirkbride Dr., Danvers, was arrested, following a report of a domestic dispute with a female. He was charged with domestic assault and battery, secretly recording the female and improper storage of firearms near a minor. Police said Mathieu had allegedly recorded the victim without her knowledge while she was speaking to someone -- that's against the law. He also had four weapons that were not properly locked up in a secure box, according to an officer. Police said the altercation between the two ended in some scratches and scrapes.
- 4:17 p.m. A caller reported softball players behind the Riverside School were disturbing the peace.
For questions on this log, email email@example.com.