The following are excerpts from reports in the Danvers Police Department press log from March 25-26.
Monday, March 25
- 6:33 p.m. Police received a report of malicious damage at a Dyer Court apartment. Police said there was some oil on a "Welcome" mat.
- 6:40 p.m. Police received a call for assistance after a couch fell off a truck on Route 1 at the Peabody line.
- 6:59 p.m. A caller at a High Street home reported threats were made earlier in the day. Police said the property owner had an argument with a contractor over a ladder.
- 7:31 p.m. The staff at the Shell gas station on High Street reported suspicious activity by someone who made the staff uncomfortable. Police said the person was gone they arrived.
- 8:33 p.m. Report of an attempted shoplifting at Stop & Shop.
Tuesday, March 26
- 2:08 a.m. Danielle Harbison, 26, of Melrose, was arrested, following a call for medical aid at the Gulf gas station at 425 Newbury St. Harbison was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. Police said they arrived at the scene to find Harbison asleep, slumped over the wheel of her car with the engine running.
- 7:19 a.m. Police received a report of a stolen scooter at the Days Inn off Endicott Street. Police said a guest woke up to find the scooter had been taken.
- 7:39 a.m. Rafael Lugo-Espaillat, 25, of 61 Congress St., Salem, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Sylvan Street. He was charged with operating a motor vehicle (a moped) with a suspended license.
- 12:47 p.m. John Acciavatti, 52, of 207 Topsfield Rd., Wenham, was arrested on a warrant out of Salem District Court. See related story.
- 12:59 p.m. Tara Bergin, 26, of Wayland, was arrested, following an incident at CAB. She was charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (shod foot) and disorderly conduct. Police said they responded to the clinic and in the course of trying to serve paperwork to Bergin, she became uncooperative and kicked a police officer.
- 1:16 p.m. Police received a report of a catalytic converter stolen from a vehicle parked behind Mandarin Danvers.
- 2:49 p.m. Report of a past shoplifting at the CVS on Endicott Street. Police said there were actually a series of incidents with a female who was stealing makeup from the store. The case is still under investigation.
- 3:38 p.m. A Macarthur Boulevard resident reported some prescription medications were stolen from the mailbox. Police said they were statin drugs, which are used to lower cholesterol.
- 4:09 p.m. A Carolyn Drive resident reported a scam involving a prepaid money card.
- 4:47 p.m. Police received a report of a road rage incident and related assault at the intersection of Collins and Holten streets. No further details were available.
- 7:08 p.m. Report of a past shoplifting at the CVS on Maple Street. Police said a 19-year-old Danvers male stole some protein bars and a gallon of water and fled the store. He was later identified and issued a court summons on a charge of shoplifting.
- 10:14 p.m. Jaevon Mazil, 18, of 46 Moulton St., Lynn, was arrested, following an incident at a Garden Street home. He was charged with violating a restraining order.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.