The following are excerpts from reports in the Danvers Police Department press log from June 14-16.
Friday, June 14
- 5:53 p.m. Report of a motor vehicle hit-and-run accident in the parking lot at Walmart. A court summons was issued, but no further details were available.
- 6:04 p.m. A Maple Street resident reported a possible scam or swindle. No further details were available.
- 7:36 p.m. Report of what sounded like "gunfire" in the area of Route 114. Police checked the area, but did not find anything.
- 9:19 p.m. A 37-year-old Danvers woman was issued a court summons for shoplifting, following a report of a shoplifter at the CVS in Danvers Square.
Saturday, June 15
- 12:43 a.m. Police responded to a report of a fight inside a theater at AMC Loews. Police said the fight was over by the time officers arrived -- the altercation apparently started because one person was being too loud and was told to quiet down by the other person.
- 1:21 a.m. Matthew Pyburn, 45, of 46 North Putnam St., Danvers, was arrested at his residence, following a report of a domestic dispute. He was charged with domestic assault and battery.
- 11:59 a.m. Police responded to an accident involving a car and a motorcycle on Endicott Street in front of Taco Bell. Police said the car was traveling eastbound and attempted to take an illegal left-hand turn at the restaurant when it crashed into a motorcycle traveling the opposite direction on Endicott Street. The motorcyclist suffered injuries to his leg and shoulder and was taken to the hospital. The other driver was cited for making an improper left turn. The traffic signal at that intersection does not allow U-turns or left turns for eastbound traffic and there is a sign posted to that effect.
- 3:29 p.m. Brandon Lemmon, 28, of 65 Newbury St., Danvers, was arrested on a warrant at Motel 6 where he was staying.
- 4:28 p.m. Report of a car break-in outside Planet Fitness.
- 6:17 p.m. An officer reported he saw a male carrying what appeared to be an automatic weapon down Hobart Street. The officer called for backup and then police approached the male. It turned out the "weapon" was an AirSoft pellet gun.
- 6:28 p.m. Report of a car break-in at 120 Andover St. The driver's side window was smashed and a radar detector and a pair of sunglasses were taken.
- 7:20 p.m. Charles Poitras, 58, of 7 Berry St., Danvers, was arrested on a warrant at his residence.
- 8:13 p.m. Conor Kelly, 19, of 11 Laurine Rd., Danvers, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Conant Street. Kelly was charged with driving with a suspended license.
Sunday, June 16
- 12:55 a.m. Victor Maldonado, 30, of Osborne Street, Peabody, was arrested on two warrants out of Boston and Leominster, following a motor vehicle stop on Maple Street.
- 7:37 a.m. Report of a portable toilet that was displaced at Plains Park. Services were rendered.
- 11:02 a.m. Brian LeBlanc, 26, of 9 Tibbets Ave., Danvers, was arrested on a warrant at his residence.
- 1:18 p.m. Jeffrey Citroni, 56, of 70 Hobart St., Danvers, was arrested, following a report of a domestic dispute in a truck outside Staples at the mall. He was charged with domestic assault and battery.
- 4:35 p.m. Police said a man's foot was run over by a car in the Home Depot parking lot off Route 1. The man was trying to place a grill onto his truck, and was on his hands and knees, when the vehicle next to him backed up and ran over his foot. The man was transported to Beverly Hospital, but police were unsure how severe the injuries were. The driver did stop and stay at the scene.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.