These are excerpts from reports in the Danvers police log for Thursday.
- Police responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle at the John George Park on River Street at 2:18 a.m. Police said it was a “couple lovebirds” who were sent on their way.
- A female resident at the Fairweather Apartments on Porter Street reported that someone rang her doorbell around 7:30 a.m. and told her she needed to “get out of the building now.” Police could not find a suspect.
- An off-duty Beverly police officer diffused a road rage incident on Liberty Street at 12:20 p.m. The officer witnessed the scene and reported that one driver was loudly spinning his tires, but did not cause any damage. The driver was cited for negligent operation of a vehicle and creating a harsh, objectionable noise.
- A caller reported at 1:12 p.m. that another vehicle struck his car parked at Sam & Joe’s Restaurant on Water Street the day before. The man’s car had damage to the driver’s side mirror and rear bumper.
- A female caller at Twin Oaks Care & Rehabilitation Center on Locust Street reported that she placed her purse in her car trunk while she was inside visiting between 5 and 6:30 p.m., but when she came back out to retrieve the purse, it was gone. Police said there were no signs of forced entry to the vehicle.