These excerpts are reports from the Danvers police log from Thursday through Sunday.
- Police responded to a report of shoplifting at Claire’s Boutique at the Liberty Tree Mall at 5:17 p.m. There were no further details available, but no arrests were made.
- A resident on Eden Glen Avenue reported at 8:43 p.m. that someone was trying to sell a timeshare and suspected it may have been a scam. Police said the matter was under investigation.
- A guest at the Crowne Plaza Hotel reported her purse was missing from her room at 9:46 p.m.
- Johnny Alcantara, 23, of 371 Chatham St., Lynn, was arrested at Motel 6 on two warrants at 6:34 a.m. One was from Peabody District Court on a charge of larceny over $250 and the second was from Lynn for a charge of breaking and entering.
- Police responded to a report of a two-car accident on Endicott Street near Burger King at 9:31 a.m. There were no reported injuries, but one driver was cited for failure to use care while turning (the person was trying to take a left).
- A break-in was reported at Thrifty Car Rental on Route 1 at 10:49 a.m. Police said a pair of keys were stolen and a PT Cruiser was missing from the rental shop.
- A larceny was reported at Holten-Richmond Middle School at 11:40 a.m., but further details were not yet available.
- A 44-year-old Peabody man was issued a summons for shoplifting after Kohl’s reported a male suspect left the store with a pair of jeans, long underwear, cologne and perfume at 11:40 a.m. Police said the man actually paid for the clothes, but not for the cologne and perfume.
- A 26-year-old Salem man was issued a summons for driving an unregistered, uninsured vehicle and attaching plates after a motor vehicle stop at the mall at 11:57 a.m.
- A shoplifting incident was reported at Walmart at 5:02 p.m. Police said two male suspects left with a speaker set before officers arrived.
- Elizabeth Caron, 52, of 63 Water St., Danvers, was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol at 10:32 p.m., following a motor vehicle stop on a report of an erratic operator at the intersection of Centre Street and Southside Road.
- Officers on patrol near Walgreens on High Street reported finding graffiti on the rear of the building at 1:31 a.m. The report did not state what the tags said.
- A caller reported at 10:02 a.m. that he took his wife’s car to Walmart and while inside the store, someone smashed the front window of the car. Nothing appeared to be missing.
- A caller reported at 12:17 p.m. that he left his car at the Village Green Restaurant overnight and when he returned the next morning, it was gone from the parking lot. The vehicle was a Ford Expedition.
- David Melanson, 23, of 314 Andover St., Danvers, was arrested at his residence following a report of a domestic dispute with a female family member at 3:33 p.m. Police said a verbal argument turned into a physical fight and Melanson threw a chair at the woman, resulting in a charge of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. He was also charged with domestic assault and battery, driving with a suspended license and a suspended or revoked registration. Police said Melanson had left the scene before they arrived, but returned soon after.
- Lori Bertini, 37, of 152 Endicott St., Danvers, was arrested at Market Basket for shoplifting at 3:47 p.m. She was also charged on a warrant from Lowell for failure to pay court fines and a warrant from New Hampshire for check fraud.
- Police responded to a report of a larceny at the Liberty Tree Mall at 8:58 p.m., but there were no further details available.
- Michael Lapointe, 19, of 8 Jewett Road, Beverly, and Nicholas Kozlowski, 18, of 19 Blaine Ave., of Beverly, were both arrested, following a motor vehicle stop at the intersection of Burley Street and Sherwood Avenue at 3:13 a.m. Lapointe was arrested on a warrant for violating a restraining order and cited for a marked lanes violation. Kozlowski was charged with being a minor on possession of alcohol. Neither of the teens was intoxicated.