Two Danversport Businesses Being Evacuated After Chemical Spill

Nitric acid reportedly spilled at a Water Street business on Monday, causing two businesses to be evacuated.

Two businesses along Water Street in the Danversport neighborhood were evauated after a nitric acid spill on Monday afternoon.

There were no known injuries.

The Danvers Fire Department and Danvers Police Department reponded to Doe & Ingalls at 125 Water St. at about 1:40 p.m.

A spill of eight gallons of nitric acid reportedly happened on the first floor of the business. At about 2 p.m., the Fire Department said it had the spill contained.

Neighboring Harvey Industries plus the offices in the Doe & Ingalls building were both evauacted. Water Street remained open to traffic.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »