The following excerpts were taken from the log, Friday, Sept. 9 through Sunday, Sept. 11.
Friday, Sept. 9:
- At 4:51 p.m. a purse was reported stolen from
- At 7:33 p.m. a purse was stolen from a vehicle at
- Police confiscated marijuana after observing drug activity at at 9:47 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 10:
- At 3:51 p.m. police received notice of a vehicle break-in at 155 North St.
- At 7:26 p.m. a 56-year-old female reported that her pocket book was stolen while she was attempting to put groceries in her car in the parking lot of . According to Sgt. Bob Bettencourt, the suspect reached in and entered the passenger side of her vehicle and stole the purse from her hands. No one was hurt, and police said the situation is still under investigation.
- At 7:38 p.m. an officer on patrol observed a man in the parking lot of looking through cars. The officer identified the man as the suspect who stole a purse from a vehicle the evening before in the same lot. Shawn Fish, 24, of 10 Water St., in Danvers, was placed under arrest on charges of breaking and entering at night time for felony and larceny of over $250.
Sunday, Sept. 11:
- At 1 p.m. police arrested Elba Salas, 52, of 449 Walnut Ave., in Roxbury, on charges of shoplifting and disorderly conduct after she fled from the scene at and police had to chase her through the parking lot to across the street. The other woman she was with, who had an infant with her, received a summons to court.
For more information about this blotter, contact firstname.lastname@example.org