The following is excerpts from the Danvers Police log:
Thursday, Jan. 17
- A past incident of shoplifting was reported at Sun Convenience at Liberty Tree Mall at 5:16 p.m.
- At 5:27 p.m., an unwanted guest in room 229 at Courtyard Marriott would not leave.
- A male shoplifter was reported at Target at 5:34 p.m.
- Three shoplifters were being detained at Kohl’s at Liberty Tree Mall at 5:49 p.m.
- A 16-year-old female was being disobedient at a Hyde Street address at 6:02 p.m.
- An unattended death occurred at 1 Cabot Road at 6:26 p.m.
- A well-being check was conducted at 6:35 p.m. on an unattended 5-year-old female at Target.
- A security breech to a laptop computer was reported at Residence Inn by Marriott at 6:52 p.m.
- State Police handled a motor vehicle crash with injuries on Route 128 at 7 p.m.
- A larceny of more than $250 of North Face jackets was reported Sports Authority at 7:14 p.m.
- An out of control, disobedient 16-year-old female was reported at 7:27 p.m. at the same Hyde Street address as earlier in the evening.
- A car went over the guardrail at the end of River Street at 8:34 p.m. An accident report was filed.
- A report of loud music disturbing the peace at McDonalds on High Street at 8:52 p.m. was unfounded.
- Somebody with a broken leg at Home Depot on Newbury Street at 10:34 p.m. was transported to the hospital.
Friday, Jan. 18
- The Danvers Rail Trail along Hobart Street was checked at 1:46 a.m.
- A 3-car crash with no injuries occurred at Elliott Street and Lupine Road at 7:49. An accident report was filed.
- The area was searched after a doorbell ringer was reported at 133 North St. at 10:01 a.m.
- A motor vehicle accident with a bicycle occurred at 11:16 a.m. on Purchase Street. Nobody was injured and an accident report was filed.
- The Middleton Police Department was assisted at the station with a Breathalyzer test at 11:58 a.m.
- Police handled a call about someone having a nervous breakdown at a Kirkbride Drive address.
- A report of a traffic backup at Twin Oaks Nursing Home on Locust Street at 2:31 p.m. was unfounded.
- An arrest was made at Walmart at 4:32 p.m. Melissa Hoffses, 22, of 162 Wethersfield St., Rowley was charged with shoplifting by asportation.
For any questions about the police log, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.