Tonight's meeting is taking place at 7 p.m. in . Before you go, make sure you're up to date on five things you need to know:
1. David Lane will be presenting on the town's electric system reliability. Danvers is one of 40 towns in Massachusetts that owns its own electric system, so this presentation will show the measurements that are made to compare themselves to other electric company standards.
2. The Board of Selectmen has been working for several months to revise the guidelines for liquor licenses, updating and including information about violations and penalties, and will be giving an update on the progress of the finalized work.
3. Tonight on behalf of the town the Board will be accepting several gifts from various entities such as, and Catholic Archbishop of Boston, including a tool to enhance the safety of seniors, as well as 45 diecast antique firetrucks replicas donated by a Danvers resident.
4. Tonight will continue a previous discussion about the feasibility of a dog park in Danvers. If selectmen were to give the green light to this, the recreation committee will be giving recommendations to what they think of the idea, and what location would be best for this.
5. Routine liquor license approvals and selling will be taking place tonight, with revocation hearings to be held next week.