Still unsure of the changes in store for recycling and trash pickup in Danvers this year?
Find out in this week's You Ask, Patch Answers, courtesy of the .
Trash and Recycling Rules
- Recycling is MANDATORY—Recycling must be put out to get trash pickup.
- Limit of 3 bags/barrels of trash per home—multi-family homes (2-4 units) may put out up to 5 bags/barrels total.
- Recycling is unlimited—leave recycling bin out until trash has been picked up.
- Barrels/bags/recycling bins may not be larger than 45 gal/50 lbs. Do not overfill.
- No recyclables in the trash—your trash will not be picked up.
- Danvers has dual stream recycling: glass, cans, plastics #1-7 may be comingled in your recycling bin. Paper including newspaper, magazines, paperboard may be bagged in paper, tied or put in a separate bin. Cardboard must be cut, flattened to 4’x 4’ and bundled to no thicker than 1’.
- Recycling may be put in any container marked for recycling or with a “recycle” sticker that you can pick up from the Town.
- Curbside recycling bins may be purchased at the DPW Garage at 95 Hobart Street with a check for $5.00 made out to the Town of Danvers. No construction or demolition material curbside.
- A sticker is needed for bulky items (see next section).
Sticker Program for Disposal of Large/Bulky Items Curbside
- Purchase your sticker at Town Hall or the Business Division and contact the Transfer Station to schedule curbside pickup.
- $10—white goods (see above), lawnmower, furniture, mattress/box spring, carpet (up to 10 rolls) $20—freon appliances (see above), TVs, computer monitors
Call the DPW Transfer Station Representative at 978-762-0252 with issues pertaining to trash, recycling and yard waste pickup.
- Condo and apartment residents without curbside pickup can bring their recycling to the Transfer Station on Tuesdays and on Saturday openings from 7:00 AM -2:30 PM (see calendar for dates).
- Trash drop off Monday through Friday and Saturday openings ($0.04/lb).
- Brush and yard waste drop off M/W/F ($15 sticker/year-can be purchased at Town Hall or Business Division).
- White goods (washer, dryer, stove, dishwasher, hot water heater, trash compactor, etc.), electronics, lawn mower with oil/gas removed, ride on tractors or snow blowers with oil/gas removed, propane tanks, and metal items may be dropped off for $0.04/lb.
- Freon appliances (ACs, dehumidifiers, refrigerators), TVs and computer monitors brought to the Transfer Station will be charged an extra fee.
- Mercury bearing products (fluorescent lights, thermostats, thermometers, etc.) and tattered American flags may be dropped off at the Transfer Station for free.