The Danvers branch of the state Registry of Motor Vehicles will open at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Gov. Deval Patrick said in a Monday evening update on Hurricane Sandy from the bunker at the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency headquarters in Framingham.
On his Twitter account, Patrick said that all Class D drivers’ test on Tuesday had been cancelled.
Patrick also said non-essential state employees should show up for work at 10 a.m. and he is leaving it up to individual school districts to determine whether they will be open on Tuesday. On Sunday night, Patrick urged all school districts to close on Monday and Danvers took his advice. School is scheduled to be open in Danvers on Tuesday, as of 9 p.m.
The worst of the storm is expected to last through 11 p.m. and there is a high tide at about midnight.
The MBTA said in an alert issue at about 9 p.m. on Monday that it will resume all regular service on Tuesday with the exception of the Providence commuter rail line south of Boston. All other commuter rail lines, subways and buses will run on schedule on Tuesday.
NECN’s Peter Howe reported that Patrick also said two people have died during the storm but it has not been determined whether the deaths were directly connected to the storm.
There are 385,000 homes without power statewide as of 8:30 p.m., out of a total of 2.7 million customers. Patrick said he was happy, so far, from the response from utility companies, Howe reported.
Howe also reported that thee are 108 people in shelters statewide and the state has the ability to handle more than 1,000 people in shelters.