The following is an excerpt from the Danvers Police log:
Tuesday, Jan. 22
- The driver of a suspicious vehicle at Danvers High School was spoken to at 5:50 p.m.
- A purse was stolen from a vehicle at 8:50 p.m. at Brutole on Route 1. There were no signs of forced entry to the vehicle.
- A home on Sycamore Street was broken into sometime between 1 p.m. and 9 p.m. It was reported to police at 9:06 p.m. The homeowner said that somebody broke in through a rear window and stole cash.
Wednesday, Jan. 23
- A suspicious person was reported on Maple Street at 1:30 a.m.
- A suspicious vehicle was at Danvers High School at 1:52 a.m.
- An open gate was found at Essex Agricultural High School's administration building during a check of the buildiong at 3:02 a.m.
- The traffic lights were reported to be on flash on High Street at 5:28 p.m.
- A disabled vehicle was assisted while it was towed from Endicott and Water streets.
- An unregistered 1996 white Ford Ram pickup truck that was having work done on it was reported stolen at 7:26 a.m. from Concord Gas Station on Water Street. The burglar smashed the vehicle on a Jeep Cherokee and moved it about 20 feet to get to the pickup truck. The Jeep was not stolen.
- A car crash with injuries after a police chase occurred at Maple and Pine streets.
- A report was written after a well-being check was conducted on a male who was slumped over the wheel of a vehicle at Liberty Tree Mall at 9:57 a.m.
- A well-being check was conducted on a female in a black BMW at Moriarty and Gordon Floor Co. on Endicott Street.
- The animal control officer was notified about a dead fox at Brown and Cornell roads.
- A break-in to a vehicle was reported at 119 Holten St. at 10:54 a.m. The vehicle owner told police that sometime between 5 p.m. and 9 a.m. someone got into the vehicle and took tools worth more than $1,000. There was no sign of forced entry to the vehicle.
- Papers were exchanged after a motor vehicle crash with no injuries on Armory Road.
- The airbag was deployed in one of the vehicle involved in a car crash with injuries at Taco Bell on Endicott Street. An accident report was filed.
- A motor vehicle crash with no injuries occurred in the parking lot at 104 Endicott St.
- Papers were exchanged after a vehicle struck a parked car and nobody was injured at the Danvers Housing Authority on Stone Street.
- A vehicle drove through a fence at Independent Eye Care on Sylvan Street at 11:52 a.m. The driver refused medical attention.
- A summons was issued after a motor vehicle crash with no injuries occurred on High Street.
For questions about the log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.