Need some suggestions for ways to keep the kids occupied over February vacation?
Kids probably won't be able to go sledding and play in the snow, like this photo from Endicott Park last year, but there is still fun to be had. Here are our picks for local things going on this week:
Open Gym at DHS Field House
- When: Tuesday-Friday, 1 p.m.
- Details: Open gym will be at the DHS Field House during February vacation for Danvers residents only. Children ages 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult. No teams please. Bring your own ball; no baseballs or softballs. NO registration required.
- When: Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.
- Details: 2012 February Vacation Claymation Course for 10-13 year old Danvers students. Students will learn the foundations of claymation and stop animation as well as explore their creativity with writing, painting, sculpting and computer editing. Call Dana at (978) 777-2720 or email at Dana@danverstv.org.
- When: Wednesday, 1 p.m.
- Details: Spend the afternoon at the "movies!" The movie that will be showing is Dolphin Tale. Please no food/drink allowed in the Multi-Purpose Room at Holten-Richmond Middle School. Pre-registration is required.
- When: Wednesday, 2 p.m.
- Details: A chance for kids to learn how to download library books to the iPad, Nook or Kindle. Space is limited. Contact the Children's Room at the Peabody Institute Library to register at 978-774-0554.
- When: Wednesday, 4:30 p.m.
- Details: Join the fun of learning a new hip hop dance each week. The class is taught by Barre N9ne owner Tanya Croteau, $10 per class, no contracts. Just Fun and Fitness!
- When: Thursday, 9:30 a.m.
- Details: One hour parent-supervised open playtime for children 5 years and younger, including the tumble track, spring floor, foam pit, trampoline, beam, and bars. 78 Holten St (across from McKinnons) 978-774-7840
- When: Thursday, 12:45 p.m.
- Details: Join Danvers Rec for an afternoon of swimming at the Lydon Center. Children should be able to swim. Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult (no fee for adults.) Must provide own transportation. Pre-registration required.
Know of other events geared for kids this week in town? Add it to our events calendar and let us know in the comments.