- Tuesday is story time for preschoolers at the Danvers library. There will be stories, rhymes, movement activities and a simple craft. The fun starts at 10 a.m.
- Economist Robert Gough, Jr. will share his economic outlook for 2014 and what he sees as promising growth for social media and high tech at the North Shore Technology Council's breakfast Wednesday at the Danversport Yacht Club. Gough is the president and CEO of G-enovation in Lexington.
- There's a free night of dancing and homemade soup Wednesday at All Saints of the Episcopal Church North Shore. If the square dancing strikes your fancy, you can sign up for a 15-week session.
- Children's musician Steve Blunt is in town Thursday (10 a.m.) for some songs and stories for all ages at the Children's Room of the library.
- Dr. Ellen Blomerth of Danvers will share her story as a breast cancer survivor Saturday at the library. Blomerth will also discuss her book about surviving a year of cancer treatments by blending medical and natural therapies. She practices as a chiropractor in Peabody.
- The Phillips House Museum in Salem is offering free admission to Danvers residents this Sunday.
- Town board meetings this week: The Preservation Committee meets Tuesday (7 p.m.) along with the Board of Selectmen (7 p.m.). The Finance Committee meets Wednesday (7 p.m.) to review warrant articles for the Special Town Meeting Feb. 3 and the Conservation Commission meets on Thursday (7 p.m.).
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.