- So, school now starts back up this week on Monday after another impromptu two days of vacation thanks to last week's blizzard.
- The Fitzgerald family and Supino's Restaurant are hosting an art auction Tuesday night to benefit families with children fighting neuroblastoma. Proceeds from the event go to the Fitzgerald Cancer Fund. There will be live music, gift baskets, door prizes and more.
- Due to the blizzard disrupting trash and recycling collection last week, the Department of Public Works says there won't be any limits this week on how much trash residents place at the curb for normal pickup.
- The Board of Selectmen meets Tuesday (7 p.m.) in the Toomey Room at Town Hall. The Zoning Board of Appeals meets Tuesday for its annual dinner meeting and to discuss appointments for board chair and clerk at Nine Elm American Bistro. The Retirement Board meets Wednesday (3 p.m.) in the Town Manager's Conference Room at Town Hall. The Open Space and Recreation Committee meets Thursday (6 p.m.) and the Conservation Commission meets Thursday as well (7 p.m.). The ConCom will be continuing a public hearing on a Notice of Intent for an expansion at the indoor sports facility at 150 Andover St.
- North Shore Community Action Programs, which serves Danvers residents, is snipping the ribbon on its new offices in Peabody at 119R Foster St., Building 13 on Tuesday (10 a.m.). The public is invited to attend the ceremony and tour the new facility.
- The deadline to apply for admission next fall to the new regional vocational school is this Wednesday. You can find the application online here.
- State Sen. Joan Lovely will be holding office hours for constituents on Friday (9-10 a.m.) at Danvers Town Hall.
- North Shore United Way will host a series of open houses for the North Shore Volunteer Hub on Fridays in January (noon to 5 p.m.) at its Beverly office.
- The new Carl Michael Salon at 85 Andover St. is having its grand opening celebration on Saturday.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.