- The International Order of the Rainbow for Girls, a youth organization for ages 11-20, gathers Monday at the Danvers Masonic Building. There will be an open house and ice cream from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- There's a bone marrow drive on Wednesday over at Sports Medicine North in Peabody in support of Mandy Manocchio-Putney, a Massachusetts resident and mother of two. You don't have to register ahead of time.
- Town board meetings this week: The Board of Selectmen meets Tuesday (7 p.m.) in the Toomey Room at Town Hall and the Board of Assessors meets Thursday in the Code Enforcement Conference Room at 8:30 a.m. The Board of Health meeting normally held on Thursday has been rescheduled to next Monday, Oct. 7 at 5 p.m. to discuss Covanta's application to expand operations at the town transfer station.
- Author Stephanie Lehmann will be at the Peabody Institute Library of Danvers Wednesday evening (7 p.m.) for a visit. Her latest novel is "Astor Place Vintage."
- Saturday is Household Hazardous Waste Day in Danvers. Safely dispose of household cleaners and other items from 8 a.m. - noon at the transfer station.
- Timothy's is holding a Family Day on Saturday for some fall-themed fun, games and food. There will also be arts and crafts a barbecue picnic and tables with vendors. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Friends of the Danvers Dog Park.
- The Beantown Disc Dogs Cricket Classic will be at Endicott Park Saturday as well. Admission for spectators is free to watch competitors from various states vie for a spot at the Skyhoundz 2014 World Championship Competition, which will be held in September 2014 in Chattanooga, Tenn.
- The 11th Annual Community Blessing of the Animals with Rev. Thea Keith-Lucas is also Saturday (1 p.m.) at Endicott Park. Keith-Lucas is a chaplain at MIT and the former rector of what is now All Saints Episcopal Church of the North Shore, Danvers. The church sponsors the event as part of its Perfect Paws Pet Ministry.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.