- The deadline is Monday to mail your paperwork in to the Danvers school transportation office in order for your child to ride the bus this year. Times are also scheduled this week at Danvers High School if you'd like to register in person -- Monday, 7:30 a.m. - noon, Tuesday, noon - 3 p.m., and Wednesday, 3-6 p.m.
- Take note: There are no concerts this week at the Rotary Pavilion; the Danvers' summer concert series resumes Aug. 19 with the Maureen Benson Quartet.
- Town board meetings this week: The School Committee meets Monday night (7 p.m.) at Town Hall. New administrative staff will be publicly introduced and the committee will receive another update on the high school project along with other housekeeping matters. You can find the agenda online here. The Planning Board meets Tuesday (7 p.m.) at Town Hall and you can find the agenda here. The Rail Trail Advisory Committee meets Thursday (6 p.m.) and the High School Athletic Field Committee meets Thursday as well (6:30 p.m.) in the conference room at 2 Burroughs St.
- The Hospice of the North Shore & Greater Boston will be raising funds Friday night at the Atrium on Sylvan Street to support the nonprofit organization's annual charitable walk in the fall. Emcee for the evening will be local media personality Kim Carrigan.
- Over at Connors Farm, the 1st Annual Peach Festival will be held on Saturday from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Admission is $6 per person, part of which will benefit the National Breast Cancer Foundation, and there is lots of fun activities and rides planned for kids.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.