- Schools Superintendent Dr. Lisa Dana is scheduled for her annual performance evaluation and contract talks with the School Committee Monday night. Prior to the regular meeting at 7 p.m., the committee will meet in executive session at 6:15 p.m. to discuss both items. Dana, who was promoted to superintendent nine years ago, has historically received high marks from the committee. Her current contract extends through June 30, 2017 and she was given a $7,500 raise last year to bump her annual pay to $157,500. The board meets in the Mills Communication Room at Danvers High School.
- The Zoning Board of Appeals also meets on Monday (at Town Hall). There are some sign applications on the docket for the ZBA, as well as a permit to demolish and rebuild a two-family home on Warren Street and some changes for that wind turbine atop the Kelly Volkswagen dealership. You can find the agenda here.
- On Wednesday, there's a forum all about beavers in town -- everything you wanted to know and then some. Town officials had promised to hold an informational meeting for residents after beaver dams caused flooding problems around the Brentwood Circle area this summer. The dams were broken up and a professional trapper was hired by the town to exterminate those particulars beavers, but the town is looking into a more permanent solution to discourage any further beaver activity. Pat Huckery, the Northeast Supervisor for the Mass. Division of Fisheries & Wildlife, will be giving a presentation as well on beaver management. The forum is scheduled for 7-8:30 p.m. at the senior center.
- Other town board meetings this week: The Planning Board meets on Tuesday (7 p.m.), the Board of Health meets Wednesday (5 p.m.) and the Conservation Commission and the Recreation Committee both meet Thursday (7 [p.m.).
- Danvers author Jed Power will be at the Used Book Superstore Saturday for a book signing on his new Hampton Beach murder mystery series.
- The Back Bay Ringers are in concert at Maple Street Church on Saturday for a holiday performance.
- Local musicians Jim and Maggi Dalton will be performing a Victorian Christmas show at the Peabody Institute Library of Danvers on Saturday.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.