- The Board of Assessors meet Monday morning (8:30 a.m.) at Town Hall in the assessors office. You can find the agenda here.
- With New Year's Day on Wednesday, trash and recycling pickup will be delayed one day and all town and federal offices will be closed.
- The library will also be closed on Wednesday and closes early at 5 p.m. on Tuesday.
- The annual New Year's Eve celebration in Beverly is 3-7 p.m. on Tuesday along Cabot Street. There will be family-friendly activities both indoors and out, including a grand procession, kids' countdown and beach ball drop, train rides, fire spinners, Curious Creatures, balloons, storytelling, magic, puppets, teen band jam, arts and crafts and more. Buttons are $7.50, but kids under two are free and outdoor events are also free. You can find more information at the Beverly Main Streets website.
- The Danvers Public Schools return from winter break on Thursday, Jan. 2.
- Do you know of any New Year's celebrations around Danvers or are you hosting one? Share the details here in the comments below or post them to our events calendar.
Make sure to check our local events calendar and boards section for even more happenings around Danvers.